Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Clicker Training: Way Less Crazy

So I'm a member of several different dog training Yahoo groups. Most are clicker-orientated, but I'm on a few general lists, mostly for Obedience.

And. Seriously. It seems the more the traditional a trainer, the more totally crazy their training fixes will be. My favorite is where the dog interacts with an object/prop and when he messes up the trainer "corrects" the object, with the idea that the dog will try to avoid getting the object in trouble again.

Um.

I once yelled at my computer and punched a chair because tech support was giving me hell. Gatsby wouldn't look at me for fifteen minutes.

Really. Clicker training is just easier.

1 comment:

  1. I had to leave the non-clicker groups. There's good information on them, but the crazy makes ME crazy.

    ReplyDelete